Effective date: 2020/2/1
Part 1: Handling of Personal Information at Hoshino Gakki Related Websites, Services and Social Media
This Part shall apply to the handling of personal information collected when you use the following websites, services, and social media.
Online guitar performance competitions that we organize and promote from time to time (such as Ibanez Master of the Groove Bass Competition or Ibanez Flying Fingers Guitar Contest)
Social Media (hereinafter "our social media"):
Facebook Like Button and Fan Pages
Tweet Buttons and Twitter Channels
Instagram Posts and Pages
YouTube Channel and Videos
Some of the webpages or services or some categories of the handling of personal information may be subject to more specific clauses. In such case, such specific clauses shall supersede this Part to the extent that such specific clauses contradict the clauses set forth in this Part.
Our websites may contain links to and from third-party websites. These websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies. We are not responsible for other websites’ privacy practices. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our websites and to read the privacy policies applicable to third-party websites.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We collect personal information that you directly provide to us when using the following services.
"Contact us". Our websites provide a contact form whereby you may submit general inquiries. When contacting us, you will share with us your email address and/or your phone number, as well as your first and last name and any other personal information you may choose to provide to us.
Online Guitar Competition and Bass Competition. We may launch online music performance competitions from time to time. For example, our Ibanez website may include a page dedicated to our Flying Fingers online guitar competition, and a page dedicated to our Master of the Groove online bass competition. You may participate in these competitions by posting videos of yourself playing guitar or bass on YouTube. In order to participate in the guitar or bass competition, we will typically ask you to provide your name, gender, age, postal address and email address.
Purpose of Using Personal Information
We will use personal information obtained from users for the following purposes:
- Answering general inquiries;
- Providing our services;
- Improving user experience on our websites and services (such as suggesting contents tailored to users’ interest);
- Authenticating the validity of user accounts and checking the login status of users;
- Authenticating a user of the online application we offer and a beneficiary of our promo code;
- Authenticating a participant in the online instrument performance contest;
- Development of new services and products;
- Compiling statistics about the usage of our websites and services; and
- Other activities related to the above.
How We Disclose Personal Information to Third Parties
We will not disclose your personal information to any third party except when:
- you have given us your consent;
- we are required by law to disclose your personal information;
- we share your personal information with an agent which we have entrusted with the handling of such information to the extent necessary to have the agent complete such work (in such case, it is our policy to protect your personal information by concluding an agreement that obliges such agent to implement appropriate confidentiality and security measures); or
- personal data is processed and reduced to individually unidentifiable statistical data, such as the number of customers by region, industry, or age group.
We may share personal information with other Hoshino Gakki related entities as follows.
|Entity With Which Personal Information Is Shared||Hoshino Europe B.V.||Hoshino (U.S.A.), Inc.||Hoshino Gakki Hanbai Co., Ltd.|
|Purpose of Sharing||
|Personal Information To Be Shared||Name, Email Address, Phone Number, Gender, Country, Postal Address, and any other personal information users may choose to provide.|
|Party responsible for management of personal information||Hoshino Gakki Hanbai Co., Ltd.|
Security of Personal Information
We use appropriate, commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. In particular, we use firewalls and allow only the minimum protocols necessary for providing our services to pass through it. We also use virus detection systems, and the SSL protocol to encrypt and secure transmitted data. We cannot, however, guarantee that any safeguards or security measures will be sufficient to prevent a security problem.
Request regarding the Handling of Personal Information
When we receive a request from you for the disclosure, correction, deletion, addition, discontinuance, or erasure (hereinafter, "disclosure, etc.") of your personal information stored in a database held by us, the request will be handled as follows, within a reasonable timeframe and scope, after confirming that the request was submitted by yourself.
- Request for disclosure
Personal information items will be disclosed in accordance with your request.
- Request for correction, deletion, or addition
Correction, deletion, or addition of personal information will be undertaken wherever possible after due review of your request.
- Request for discontinuance or erasure
The use of personal information designated by your will be discontinued, and the relevant information erased if so desired, in accordance with the submitted request. However, please note that such requests may prevent you from being provided with services that you had used, or may impede the provision of our services. We may not be able to fulfill your request if accepting your request would seriously impact our business operations, or result in a violation of laws and regulations.
Hoshino Gakki, Co., Ltd.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Address : No.22, 3-chome, Shumoku-cho, Higasi-ku, Nagoya 461-8717, Japan
Part 2: Handling of Personal Data Relating to EEA Residents
This Part shall apply to the handling of personal data relating to persons residing in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), in addition to Part 1 and in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (EU GDPR).
Some categories of the handling of personal data relating to persons located in the EEA may be subject to more specific clauses. In such case, such specific clauses shall supersede this Part to the extent that such specific clauses contradict the clauses set forth in this Part.
Collection of Access Data
In addition to the information specified in Part 1, we automatically collect data related to you when you visit our websites, service pages and social media pages. This data that we obtain from you when you visit us ("access data") includes access logs, web beacons (also known as pixels), cookies, etc. For more information about how we use your access data, please see our Policy regarding the Use of Access Data.
Legal Bases of Processing
We will process your personal data only when the law allows us to do so. Most commonly, we will process your personal data on the following bases.
- Contractual necessity to perform a contract. This is where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you.
- Consent. We may process your personal data on the basis of your consent that you provide to us.
- Compliance with legal obligation. This is where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Legitimate interests. This is where processing of your data is necessary for a legitimate interest pursued by us or a third party, and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
How We Disclose Personal Data to Third Parties
We may share your personal data with the following categories of third parties to provide our websites, services and social media. Most of these recipients are located in Japan. We will ensure an adequate level of protection of your personal data when they are disclosed to a recipient located outside the EEA.
- Hoshino Europe B.V. (located in The Netherlands) and other Hoshino Gakki related entities;
- Internet service providers;
- Cloud service providers; and
- Other service providers in the information technology industry.
When we share your personal data with a third party, we will identify and indicate these third parties as appropriate and conclude an agreement with these third parties to make sure they implement appropriate measures to meet applicable data protection legal standards.
How Long We Keep Personal Data
We will retain your personal data as long as it is needed for each specified purpose of use. An appropriate retention period for personal data will be established according to each purpose, taking into account the need to protect your data. We will not retain your personal data for a period longer than 26 months. We will delete your personal data at the expiration of the retention period unless applicable data protection laws require retention of a longer period.
Cross Border Transfer of Your Information
We may transfer and store your personal data to Hoshino (USA), Inc., located in the United States. We may also transfer your personal data to other Hoshino Gakki related entities located outside the EEA. We may transfer and store your personal data also to other cloud-based data storage, data sharing and data transfer services located outside the EEA. In such case, we will take necessary measures, such as concluding a data transfer agreement that is based on Standard Contractual Clauses, to ensure an adequate level of protection of your personal data.
Your Rights to Access, Rectification, and Erasure, etc. of Personal Data
You have the right to access, rectify, or erase information that we hold about you. You also have a right to object, transfer, or restrict the collection and processing of your personal data, or to withdraw your consent. Please note that the exercise of some of these rights may prevent you from being provided with services that you had used, or may impede the provision of our services. We may not be able to fulfill your request if your request requires any action beyond our control. The following is a summary of each of the rights you may exercise.
- (a) Right to request access to personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of your personal data held by us and to check the status of the lawful processing of such personal data.
- (b) Right to request rectification of personal data. This enables you to correct incomplete or inaccurate personal data, though we may need to verify the accuracy of new data provided to us.
- (c) Right to request erasure of personal data. This enables you to ask us to erase your personal data if there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. We may not always be able to comply with your request if the erasure requested requires any action that is beyond our control.
- (d) Right to object to inappropriate processing of personal data. This enables you to have an opportunity to check whether processing of your personal data is appropriate.
- (e) Right to request transfer. This enables you to transfer your personal data to yourself or to a third party you designate.
- (f) Right to request restriction on processing of personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following cases:
(i) if you want to confirm the accuracy of your personal data; and
(ii) if you want to confirm the legal grounds for the lawful processing of your personal data.
- (g) Right to withdraw consent to process your personal data. You may withdraw your consent you gave to us at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out by us before such withdrawal.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority in the jurisdiction where you reside, work, or where an alleged infringement of your rights may have taken place.
Our websites, services and social media are not directed to children under the age of 13. We will never knowingly collect information from anyone we know is under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to send us your personal data. If we learn that we have collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly take all reasonable steps to delete the data from our system.
Additional Contact Information
Hoshino Europe B.V.
Telephone Number: +31 (0)297 567788
Address: Constructieweg 7, 3641 SB Mijdrecht, The Netherlands