- COLOR VARIATION：
- neck type
- JS 3pc Maple/Bubinga neck
- Alder body
- Rosewood fretboardMother of Pearl dot inlay
- Medium fretsPrestige fret edge treatment
- number of frets
- Edge tremolo bridge
- string space
- neck pickup
- SUSTAINIAC® Driver (S) neck pickup
- bridge pickup
- DiMarzio® Satchur8™ (H) bridge pickupPassive/Alnico
- factory tuning
- D'Addario® EXL120
- string gauge
- hardware color
- Scale :
- a : Width
- 42.8mm at NUT
- b : Width
- 56.4mm at 21F
- c : Thickness
- 20mm at 1F
- d : Thickness
- 22.3mm at 12F
- Radius :
Guitar Neck Diagram
a: Width of the neck at the nut
b: Width of the neck at the first fret
c： Thickness of the neck at the first fret
d: Thickness of the neck at the twelfth fret
Radius: Radius of the fingerboard
When the tone knob is pulled up, the Susutainiac is on. When the tone knob is down, the Susutainiac is off. When the Sustainiac is off and the pickup selector switch is in neck position, the neck pickup is selected. When the switch is in center position, both the neck pickup and the bridge pickups are selected. When the switch is in bridge position, the bridge pickup is selected. When the Sustainiac is activated, whichever position the switch is in, the neck and bridge pickups are selected and the Sustainiac is affecting the sound of the neck pickup.
With the guitar held in the playing position, there are two switches along the lower edge of the body. The switch closest to the knee cutout is the three-way pickup selector switch, and the switch closest to the end of the body is the three way sustainicac switch. When the sustainiac switch is in neck position, the sustainiac is in normal mode, when the switch is in center position, the susutainiac is in mix mode, and when the switch is in bridge position, the sustainiac is in harmonic mode. There are two knobs towards the center of the guitar. The knob closest to the end of the body is the tone knob, and the knob closer to the neck is the volume knob. The tone knob also functions as a sustainiac on/off switch, while the volume knob also works as a high pass filter switch. They are both engaged by pulling up on the knob.
- Recommended Bag
- Hi-pass filter on volume control
- Sustianiac switch on tone control (push/pull)
- 3-way mini switch for Sustianiac
- Gotoh® machine heads
- Hardshell case included
- To honor the world-renowned Joe Satriani Signature Series, the Ibanez R&D team worked closely with Joe to develop a finish that was worthy of both Joe's approval, and of the Chrome Boy moniker. Each and every JS1 Chrome Boy will have passed stringent Ibanez quality control standards, however due to the unique nature of this striking finish, some minor imperfections may be expected, are considered normal.
JS 3pc Maple/Bubinga neck
JS features Maple/Bubinga neck. The Bubinga stripe provides stability and longer sustain.
A high pass filter on volume pots maintains highs at low volumes.
The legendary, original Edge tremolo bridge is back, always Joe's favorite in feel and tone.
DiMarzio® Satchur8™ pickup
Newly developed DiMarzio® Satchur8™ pickup fully supports Joe's versatile playing style and massive sound.
3 way Sustainiac mode selector
Normal: Sustains the fundamental
Mix: Sustains the fundamental and overtone
Harmonic: Sustains overtone